Saturday, December 22, 2012

Freedom

 
I finished painting the above picture this past summer.  It is the 7th attempt at painting a vision God gave me during a prayer session in 2006.  I wanted to share it because it represents freedom to me and it gives me hope for more healing and being in His presence.

The original vision had a horrible black demon in the left lower corner, however, Jesus was holding the demon back.  I love how that developed or changed because it is nothing but a mere orangish fire-like corner now.  And, well, the rest of it didn't change much from the original.  Still a vision of running in a field...freedom.

I started this blog in June of '09 when I had some friends encourage me to.  They told me that I had sent them some great emails that really blessed and encouraged them so, they thought I should write similar things in a blog to encourage others.  I also thought a blog site would be a great place to share some of my poems.  So, a lot of my earlier posts show these types of things.

However, during the past couple of years, I ended up being exposed to spiritual abuse.  So, some of my posts were expressing anger about that. But, I can now move forward with a great discern-o-meter for recognizing spiritual abuse. 

So, it is my hope that God will allow me to begin again with heart-felt and encouraging posts.  While the spiritual abuse ones have ministered to others, I believe I need to find a balance.  A balance that will not only educate on spiritual abuse but will also encourage.

I pray we all would encourage one another.  I pray we all would seek His presence and live in His freedom!

2 comments:

  1. "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1a).

    Merry Christmas, Tammy Carter

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, David! Merry Christmas to you too!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete